Attention Bluestem Friends: In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Joliet Franciscan Sisters and Bluestem Committee have cancelled this year’s Bluestem Earth Festival 2020 event. The health of our guests, vendors and volunteers is very important to us. In light of many events requiring rescheduling at the University of St. Francis, our host, we unfortunately cannot provide another make-up date. That being said, we will be back in 2021, better than ever! Look for our 2021 date to be announced in the coming months. Stay safe and well, god bless.
“Empowering individuals and families to live more sustainable, socially responsible lifestyles.”
BLUESTEM EARTH FESTIVAL 2020 CANCELLED
Saturday – May 2021 – Date to be announced in the coming months!
10:00A.M. – 3:00P.M.
University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL
- Get ready for an exciting day featuring over 100 eco-conscious exhibits and vendors, earth-friendly activities, workshops, live demos, entertainment, local food and children’s activities.
- Families with children can stop by Bluestem’s Children’s Tent for neat crafts, activities, as well as an interactive animal program.
- At our 2017 festival, Bluestem introduced “Bluestem University” to all guests! BU course lists, instructors and descriptions will be available in 2021.
- Enjoy live music from the Running Fox Bluegrass Band.
- Browse our site for more information.
- Note: This location is handicap accessible. Please contact us with any questions!
The Franciscan charism has always been one committed to peace, hospitality, and regard for the poor and oppressed. The heart of St. Francis was turned toward all of creation and toward living with justice and care. At our time in history, we are surrounded by critical and massive injustices: devastation of natural resources, global warming, human trafficking, racism, pollution.
How can we be part of healing the crises of today? Bluestem Earth Festival 2021: Living with Justice and Care is an effort of the Joliet Franciscan Sisters and Associates offering education and ideas for action.