Thank you for considering Bluestem Earth Festival! Below you will find some general information about our festival.
- Due to event requirements and continued COVID-19 cautions, this year Bluestem Earth Festival will be going virtual! Our virtual event is on Saturday, May 22nd, from 10:00A.M. to 1:00P.M. via our Facebook and YouTube Live.
- In an effort to help your businesses, we would love for you to join us via our Facebook Virtual Market. Now, what does this mean?
- Zero cost – We are waiving all costs for both for-profit and nonprofit businesses. We understand that the past year has been difficult and would like this event to purely help you market your business and educate guests.
- Virtual Market – We have created a “Bluestem Earth Festival Virtual Market” group connected to our Bluestem Earth Festival Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1290474281353366) Please feel free to join this group and invite your friends and followers. You can join the group as a page or personal profile. We will be advertising our event and this virtual market as well.
- Posting Dates: Anytime on/after May 10th to May 22nd, you may introduce yourself and your business within our Virtual Market Group. Feel free to post photos of products, videos, a link to your store etc.! If you are an exhibitor that is not selling products, feel free to post a video or educational post and a link to where visitors can get more information or support your nonprofit. We are hoping to make our virtual festival page active, so please engage with guests leaving questions and/or be available on Saturday, May 22nd should visitors message you. We will be encouraging guests to visit the virtual market to shop and discuss!
- If you would like to participate, please contact us via email (BluestemEarthFestival@gmail.com). Returning vendors will automatically be approved. New vendors, please tell us about your business in the email. We will then add you as a vendor on our Bluestem Earth Festival website and admins will add you to their list of approved posts within the virtual market group.
Previous Year’s On-Location Festival Information (2022):
- Festival runs from 10A.M. – 3P.M. at the University of St. Francis, Joliet. We prefer vendors stay for the full duration of the event (5 hours + set up/take down time).
- An optional early set up is arranged for vendors from 1P.M. – 3P.M. the Friday prior festival.
Note: Sullivan Rec Center facility is locked overnight. Outdoor vendors can drop items off inside Rec Center the day prior to the event, but will not be allowed to set up outside until the following morning.
- Based on space availability, we place vendors both inside the University’s Pat Sullivan Rec. Center and outside in USF’s beautiful quad. Note: You will be able to choose your preferred location on our application form.
- Our festival runs rain OR shine. Our outdoor tents have optional sides for rain and we have vendor indoor plans in case of severe weather.
- May 2021 will be the 8th year for Bluestem Earth Festival. Our May 2019 festival welcomed around 100 exhibitors and vendors and about 1,600-1,700 guests. Our May 2020 festival was cancelled due to caution of COVID-19.
- When you submit your application, you will be notified once your application has been received. If you do not hear from us, please contact us to follow up on your application submission in case of a form submission error.
- If you are a food vendor, please visit our Food Vendor page before submitting your application.
- As we approach our event, we will contact you regarding parking locations, set up times, table location and address any individual questions you might have. More information will be listed on our website as well.
- Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter and let your followers know that you will be at our event!