May 2017 was the fourth year for Bluestem Earth Festival. Despite a stormy day, our festival welcomed 90 exhibitors and vendors and over 1,300 guests.
“Empowering individuals and families to live more sustainable, socially responsible lifestyles.”
Save the Date!
Saturday – May 19, 2018
10:00A.M. – 3:00P.M.
University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL
- Get ready for an exciting day featuring over 90 eco-conscious exhibits and vendors, earth-friendly activities, workshops, live demos, entertainment, local food and children’s activities.
- Families with children can stop by our Children’s Tent for neat crafts and activities.
- Enjoy live music. (Check back for more details.)
- At our 2017 festival, Bluestem introduced “Bluestem University” to all guests! Bluestem University is a flagship program of Bluestem Earth Festival that includes original, intriguing, no-cost courses within 5 schools that offer incentives and knowledge to empower individuals and families to live a healthier, more sustainable and socially responsible lifestyle. (Check back for new course list!)
- Note: This location is handicap accessible. Please contact us with any questions!
The Franciscan charism has always been one committed to peace, hospitality, and regard for the poor and oppressed. The heart of St. Francis was turned toward all of creation and toward living with justice and care. At our time in history, we are surrounded by critical and massive injustices: devastation of natural resources, global warming, human trafficking, racism, pollution.
How can we be part of healing the crises of today? Bluestem Earth Festival 2018: Living with Justice and Care is an effort of the Joliet Franciscan Sisters and Associates offering education and ideas for action.