May 2018 was the fifth year for Bluestem Earth Festival. Our festival welcomed 90+ exhibitors and vendors and around 1,300-1,500 guests.
“Empowering individuals and families to live more sustainable, socially responsible lifestyles.”
Save the Date!
Saturday – May 18, 2019
10:00A.M. – 3:00P.M.
University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL
- Get ready for an exciting day featuring over 90 eco-conscious exhibits and vendors, earth-friendly activities, workshops, live demos, entertainment, local food and children’s activities.
- Families with children can stop by Bluestem’s Children’s Tent for neat crafts, activities, an interactive ice cream cooking and science demo, as well as an animal program.
- Enjoy live music! Musicians/Bands announced in 2019.
- At our 2017 festival, Bluestem introduced “Bluestem University” to all guests! Check back in 2019 for new BU courses.
- Browse our site for more info, this year’s event photos, full vendor list and more.
- Note: This location is handicap accessible. Please contact us with any questions!
The Franciscan charism has always been one committed to peace, hospitality, and regard for the poor and oppressed. The heart of St. Francis was turned toward all of creation and toward living with justice and care. At our time in history, we are surrounded by critical and massive injustices: devastation of natural resources, global warming, human trafficking, racism, pollution.
How can we be part of healing the crises of today? Bluestem Earth Festival 2019: Living with Justice and Care is an effort of the Joliet Franciscan Sisters and Associates offering education and ideas for action.