May 2017 was the fourth year for Bluestem Earth Festival. Despite a stormy day, our festival welcomed 90 exhibitors and vendors and over 1,300 guests.
“Empowering individuals and families to live more sustainable, socially responsible lifestyles.”
Save the Date!
Saturday – May 19, 2018
10:00A.M. – 3:00P.M.
University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL
- Get ready for an exciting day featuring over 90 eco-conscious exhibits and vendors, earth-friendly activities, workshops, live demos, entertainment, local food and children’s activities.
- Families with children can stop by Bluestem’s Children’s Tent for neat crafts, activities, an interactive ice cream cooking and science demo, as well as an animal program.
- Enjoy live music from Crys Matthews and The Running Fox Bluegrass Band.
- At our 2017 festival, Bluestem introduced “Bluestem University” to all guests! This year enjoy free workshop courses on yoga and T’ai Chi.
- Step inside the ISEA Solar Home. “One of the first of its kind, the ISEA Solar House is a self-contained demonstration lab containing photovoltaic (pv) panels.”
- Bring your new or gently used pots and pans for a food kitchen general supply collection.
- Browse our site for more info, full vendor list and more.
- Note: This location is handicap accessible. Please contact us with any questions!
The Franciscan charism has always been one committed to peace, hospitality, and regard for the poor and oppressed. The heart of St. Francis was turned toward all of creation and toward living with justice and care. At our time in history, we are surrounded by critical and massive injustices: devastation of natural resources, global warming, human trafficking, racism, pollution.
How can we be part of healing the crises of today? Bluestem Earth Festival 2018: Living with Justice and Care is an effort of the Joliet Franciscan Sisters and Associates offering education and ideas for action.